First you must have flashcards (A4 if possible) and quite a lot of adhesive gum.
Then you ask the students to take a pencil or a pen cap (the lighter the better).
You ask them individually, "What's your favourite animal?" They will answer your question and then mark the animal with their pencil.
When all class has finished marking the animals, you can explore the results.
- Which one is the champion?
- How many students voted for the snake?
- How many votes did the dog get?
- Which is the animal with zero votes?
- ... and a whole lot more of questions....